Saturday, December 9, 2006

I'm back and ready to blog!

I started blogging last winter and I think perhaps my first blog was started the winter before that. Something about the onset of winter here in upstate New York that makes you want to huddle around that warm glowing monitor. Previous blogs lasted a few weeks and died out, generally due to my inability to keep at anything for any real period of time. This time I've been guilted into again trying to blog - this time by my children. If they can blog, so can I! J. the elder has been blogging for about a year now and E. just started his blog. They are advanced and skilled - they know how to move things around and add videos and audio and such. I'll get there! I'm sponsoring/facilitating a teen writing club at our homeschool organization this winter (Northern Light Learning Center). I'm hoping the kids will want to write and publish in the variety of ways that are available to them now - blogging, podcasting, making videos and uploading them to a video hosting site or to their own blogs. So I'm thinking I better get on the ball so I don't have a blank stupid look on my face if they ask for help. (Fat chance, they are all so ahead of me in this game it's not even possible to catch up!)

No comments: